I am alive!
I have not been able to access the internet while I have been here and so, I have left you all in the dark. Florence is beautiful and my life here is so amazing. At the moment, I will not have internet until next weekend but all my roommates have it, so I plan to post a short blog before the week is through. The reason for this is because my computer is locked and I happened to not be in the apartment when our landlord was signing everyone in. I decided to run away to the Island of Elba with my roommates, Allison and Amanda, and camped on the beach last night. No big deal. Yes, Elba may sound familiar to a couple of you - it was where Napoleon was held prisoner.
I will post more about what you have missed up until now in a few days, but for now, I must give you a hook. Here is a list of adventures I have already experienced (in chronological order):
1. Never landed in Florence. Our plane was diverted to Pisa.
2. Pear stuffed ravioli.
4. Cold showers.
5. Wine tasting in Chianti.
6. Tour of my school. the view from the roof of Accademia Italiana's design studios is breathtaking.
7. Ventured the walkway of il Duomo - only open once a year.
8. History of Tuscany. Professor is a Capponi. meaning he owns a palace, a chapel and is allowing his students (4 in total) to use his personal family archives for our research paper.
9. ATM ate my credit card. I had no cash.
10. Sleeping in a tent, next to the beach, with wild boars roaming the vicinity.
I love you all and I want to hear about your lives! Update me!